HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of health and safety in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors.
This commitment also extends to ensuring that our operations do not place the local community or environment at risk of injury, illness or damage. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES We will adopt procedures to –
- provide and maintain healthy and safe workplaces, safe plant and systems of work.
- provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe work practices.
- ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards.
- provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers as is necessary to ensure their continued health and safety.
- provide support and assistance to employees and involve them in consultation on safety issues.
- maintain compliance to AS/NZS 4801:2001 standard.
We recognise that the overall responsibility to provide a safe workplace rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy.
These responsibilities include –·
- ensuring that all OHS policies and procedures are implemented;·
- establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of work-related injuries and illnesses;
- providing adequate resources to meet these OHS commitments.
Employees also have responsibilities, which include –
- following all OHS policies and procedures; and
- recognising hazards which may affect the health and safety of themselves, others, or the environment.
We are committed to encouraging consultation and co-operation between management and employees, and will formally involve elected employee health and safety representatives in any workplace change or any matters that may affect the health and safety of employees in any workplace.